Simple, easy but delicious breakfast that makes morning breakfast both healthy yet quick... just 5 minutes preparation the night before.
If you wish to make this recipe strictly gluten free, then use 'gluten free' labelled oats.
We would encourage you to use organic oats, where possible, since oats are typically sprayed with pesticide and desiccant chemicals, which are known to be problematic to our health. Most supermarkets in the UK now offer an organic option.
- 3 tablespoons oats (40-50 grams)
- 1x fruit (grated apple, pear or handful of berries)
- 1-2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt (or plain coconut yogurt or kefir) ie. COCOS Organic Natural Coconut Kefir | Nourish | Biotiful; Available from Abel & Cole, Ocado and some of the other main supermarkets; Asda, Saisbury's etc.
- 1 handful nuts or seeds (Brazils, almonds - flaked, sliced, or ground, ground flaxseed, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, or a mix)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- half tsp ginger
- optional tsp cocoa or cocoa nibs (goes well with berries and pear fruit options)
- Put all ingredients into a bowl.
- Mix well - you may need to add water or coconut water to get the mix to the consistency of a runny porridge
- Place in the fridge at night for the next morning.
Helping you connect to self, nature and others